Lent 2022, Day 5


 What is gained if I am silenced,  if I go down to the pit?

Will the dust praise you?

  Will it proclaim your faithfulness?

¹⁰ Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;

  Lord, be my help. 

Psalm 30:8-10


Given Libby’s tough start and circuitous route to being rescued and finding a permanent home, it’s sort of a miracle that she wasn’t euthanized somewhere along the way. It seems that absolutely everyone she encountered, post-rescue, was determined to see her live. We are benefiting from their faith and optimism and are determined to prove their hunch about this little street dog correct. 


On this first Sunday of Lent, the first mini-Easter of the season, a day when we celebrate instead of fast, in anticipation of the full celebration to come, this plea for help and promise of life are timely for all of us. 


You turned my wailing into dancing;

  you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

¹² that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.

  Lord my God, I will praise you forever.

Psalm 30:11-12


#lent2022 #bibleinoneyear #rescuedogsofinstagram #repentandbelieve #libby 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concert Mom

Lent 2022, Spy Wednesday

Lent 2022, Day 29