Lent 2022, Day 20

 



From today’s BiOY commentary on Luke 4, the account of Jesus’ temptation in the desert:

All these temptations revolve around control – control of our appetites, control of our ambitions, and control of our lives.

Control. It’s one of my strong suits. Ask my kids, my spouse, my friends, my family … I can micromanage like no one else, usually backed up with sound reasoning as to why I need to be on charge in this (not that!!) exact way. Everyone really enjoys it.

Libby also enjoys being in control of her environment. Life moves along swimmingly as long as certain parameters are maintained. A steady, quiet routine, void of interruptions or outsiders suits her just fine, thank you. And when her preferred boundaries are crossed, everyone will pay. Can I relate? 😒

The problem is, Libby’s life remains exceedingly small with this measure of control, and so stressful (!!) when things veer outside the unreasonable and unfriendly standards she has set. And what she doesn’t realize is that (whisper) *she actually has no control over any of it*. Not a bit. Never has, never will.

So our training goal is for Libby to cede control over to me (I’m good at it!!!), to learn to roll with what Life brings her, knowing she’s loved and safe. Worthy goals for us all.

#lent2022 #bibleinoneyear #rescuedogsofinstagram #repentandbelieve

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concert Mom

Lent 2022, Spy Wednesday

Lent 2022, Day 29