Lent 2022, Day 15

 


 

The Lord is close to the broken-hearted

and saves those who are crushed in spirit’

Psalm 34:18

 If you read my Lenten thoughts last year, you’ll know that I learn about God by looking at my relationship with my weird and somewhat broken pets. It might seem silly, even sacrilegious, but illustrations help me understand deep concepts more than just words do. And hey, Jesus taught with parables, so I’m in good company.

 It might also seem strange, shallow, even, to focus on an animal when there’s so much human suffering in the world. For the record: I believe that any human life is infinitely more valuable than any animal’s, no matter how loved that animal might be. And really, whether the animal is loved or not is irrelevant; sentient animals, like humans, are valuable and precious and worthy of love and protection—their value is not conferred but rather is inherent. More significantly, the most invisible, unloved human is just as valuable and worthy as you or I.

 And that’s where my little “parables” begin … the invisible, lost, broken creature who finds love and Home and acceptance …. Isn’t that really, after all, the story we all long for?

 

#lent2022 #repentandbelieve #bibleinoneyear #rescuedogsofinstagram #libby #consistentlifeethic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concert Mom

Lent 2022, Spy Wednesday

Lent 2022, Day 29