Lent 2022, Day 23



But the meek will inherit the land

  and enjoy peace and prosperity.

Psalm 37:11

We’re halfway through the 40 days of Lent, although I’ve been sort of cheating by not cheating on this daily discipline—I’ve been counting Sundays, which are not actually part of the official 40 days, but are rather “mini-Easters,” a time to celebrate instead of fast. But just now I counted up the days and by my unorthodox (heh) calculations, we should be on Day 24? I’m really, really confused … which is often my state. Lovely. Edit:  apparently I am bad at details (shocking!) and mis-numbered 

The verse above, from today’s BiOY reading, is most likely what Jesus was citing on the Sermon on the Mount, when he famously said “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” The meek, not the powerful, will win in the end. That’s hard to fathom in these days of war and violence and hate. But I believe the promise and will do my best to help usher it in.

As for Libby, she doesn’t fully realize it (because she’s a dog, which I sometimes forget), but she hit the jackpot. She, a little yellow street dog, completely absent of power, the epitome of meek, now has a life of safety and peace and love. It’s a little picture of what awaits us all, and a reminder that love and peace will win in the end.

#lent2022 #bibleinoneyear #rescuedogsofinstagram #repentandbelieve

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concert Mom

Lent 2022, Spy Wednesday

Lent 2022, Day 29